Friday, April 14, 2017

Tollway Tatters

We had a wonderful time at Tollway Tatters today! I managed to tat three Ice Drops. Unfortunately, my pictures don't show how pretty they turned out. 


This one was probably my favorite. There's a Panera Bread opening up at the Hinsdale Oasis on Wednesday, and the manager gave us sample cookies. I gave her this Ice Drop as a thank you and told her we would be stopping at Panera for lunch when we meet next month!


I also love this one. Can you tell that the glass gem is blue?


I finished this one right before we headed home. Now all I have to do is add ribbons!


Carol and I both make Origami pouches. They are great fun to sew and they make wonderful project bags.

Carol decorated hers with tatting. I guess I should do the same with mine!


We enjoy sharing goodies with each other. Carol found these adorable little dishes, perfect for holding the current tatting project! She also brought glass gems and coin beads for us.


Denise brought a multi-colored tutu Easter basket filled with eggs and little chicks. Each egg and chick was filled with goodies... thread samples, charms, glass gems, and a decorated shuttle!


Elaine and Barbara seemed to enjoy going through all the goodies. I brought glass gems and charms to share. I also found some wooden Easter egg cutouts at JoAnn Fabrics. I hope one of my tatting friends comes up with an amazing idea for using them with tatting!


We have great fun together, and even get a little silly at times!


Sue Anna brought along some of her stash of Marilee Rockley's hand-dyed threads and encouraged us each to take some home. We, of course, complied!


Sue Anna and Barbara brought treats, because we all need to snack while tatting!


We started packing up around 3:00 p.m. I don't know about everyone else, but I am exhausted from having so much fun!

7 comments:

  1. I missed you all!! Please tell them I said Hi! Looks like another fabulous day of tatting and chatting!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like so much fun!!!! Wish I could join you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful tatting gathering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you all had fun, wish I could have been there with you. Perhaps one day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness so many lovely things I can see on the tables. Actually looks like Christmas has come again, should think you were all very tired after so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time flys by quickly when having fun!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!