Thursday, April 27, 2017

More distractions

I woke up this morning with good intentions, but I kept getting distracted!


First, I was ready to warp my box loom. My friend Scott at the hardware store kindly made a heddle stand for me so that I could warp easily. Dave promised to make one for me, but this is the wrong time of year to ask him to do anything, so Scott came to the rescue.

Before I could warp the loom, I needed to wash up the dishes... no biggie. Then I had to choose my threads for warping, so I ventured into the disaster area known as my sewing room. I chose the threads, looked around, and decided I needed to spend a little time cleaning up my mess. The good news is, my sewing cabinet and my Featherweight sewing table are clean, polished, and organized... at least on the outside!

All the fabric that I just had to have is now in baskets instead of plastic bags. I can close the closet doors if I want to. The size 80 tatting thread is now in my apothecary jar instead of hidden away in cardboard boxes. However, when I was finished with all of this, I realized I'd hardly made a dent in the mess, and I was too tired to think about warping my loom!


Luckily, tatting and reading don't take a lot of energy. So, I read some more of Norwegian Pick-up Bandweaving, and I tatted two Ice Drops.


These are in size 20 Lizbeth #115, Springtime. I guess I really did accomplish quite a bit!

5 comments:

  1. Oh man, you sound so busy!!!
    As for me, whenever I seem to get a lot done, I turn around and find a ton more!
    Beautiful Ice Drops!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoying your journey and forays into organizing from afar - I keep away from good organizers ;-P They can be infect me with their zeal :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It might not have been what you originally intended, but it sounds very productive anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am happy to know that I am not the only one who gets distracted in my sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really, I agree with Gracis and love the suspense with your weaving :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!